Starbucks addicts will know the struggle of being broke and having to pay five dollars for a grande. The holiday drinks are only a limited time, but some of us wish for a Peppermint Mocha in the springtime. Well now you can satisfy that coffee craving with your very own homemade Starbucks drink.
Start your year off right with everyone’s favorite drink.
- 3 tbsp of cocoa powder (the baking kind)
- 3 tbsp of warm water
- 4 ounces of espresso (or plain coffee, whichever you prefer)
- 1 ½ tbsp of peppermint syrup
- 12 ounces of steamed milk
- Whipped cream
- Firstly you’ll need to combine the cocoa powder and warm water together to make a syrup, pour this into a 16 ounce mug.
- Add the espresso or coffee and the peppermint syrup.
- Find a mason jar and pour the milk into it and close the lid tightly.
- Mix together
- Shake the jar for 30 seconds and then place it in the microwave for a few seconds (remember for remove the lid).
- Pour the steamed milk on top of the mixture.
- Top with whipped cream and sugar
- Enjoy your ‘seasonal’ drink.